Aug 15, 2020
Sample Academic Plan - Total Credit Hours: 33
Students must be accepted into the Film Crew Technology Program before they can register for FCT courses. See Admission Requirements below for complete information.
Fall Semester - Credit Hours: 15
Spring Semester - Credit Hours: 15
Summer Semester - Credit Hours: 3
*COP courses maybe taken in Fall or Spring semesters.
Requirements for Certificates Include:
- Total certificates hours must be at least 33
- earn 25% of total program credits in residence at Columbia State
- earn a GPA of at least 2.0 in courses required for the certificate.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please review the Gainful Employment Disclosure for this certificate.
For more information contact:
David Smith at email@example.com or 615.790.4410
Science, Technology and Math Division at 615.790.4412 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to enrollment limitations applications are screened using the criteria outlined below:
- Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to the College.
- Complete a Request for Admission to Film Crew Technology Program form available at www.columbiastate.edu/film-crew-technology. Forms are also available upon request from the Program Director. Please email email@example.com or call 615.790.4410.
- Student must place at the Competency 1 or higher for have completed Competency 1 in Learning Support Reading and Writing as determined by ACT sub-scores, the institutional challenge exam/placement process or acceptable equivalent.
- Prior to admission in the program, students must be able to visually assess colors and be able to determine the difference between Red, Black, Blue, Green and White.
- Applicant must meet the general requirements for admission to the College.
- Applicants must complete and submit the Application to participate in the Film Crew Technology form to the Program Director by May 30st.
- Applicants are not required but are encouraged to submit two letters of recommendations to the Program Director.
- Students must place at the Competency 1 or higher or have completed reading and writing as determined by ACT sub- scores, the institutional challenge exam/placement process or acceptable equivalent.
- Applicants who meet the stated admissions requirements will be invited to an on campus oral interview. Students who live outside of Tennessee may be granted an exception to interview using video conferencing technology.
- Admission decisions will be made by June 30. Admitted students who complete registration requirements will begin the program the fall semester of that year.
- If the class has not reached capacity by the end of the Summer semester, students completing the application requirements after May 30st may be considered for an interview.
- Applicants will be interviewed by a FCT panel. The panel will consist of the Program Director, program alum, and/or an industry employer or part time faculty.
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of 3.0 out of 5 points from the oral interview to be eligible for admission into the Film Crew Technology Program.
- Each member of the FCT panel will evaluate the applicant. The members will score the applicant using a scale of 1-5 points. The scores from each member will then be averaged to obtain an interview score.
- Students will be ranked by score and application date. The top 20 ranked students will receive admission to the FCT program.
- Once selected students will be given a deadline to complete the registration process for Fall semester. Admissions will be granted to the next person on the ranked list if a student does not register by the deadline.
- Maintain a passing grade of "C" or better in all FCT courses.
- Maintain professional conduct in the classroom and on outside assignments as outlined in the student code of conduct handbook.
- By the end of the Spring semester, students must be able to meet the following physical requirements that are standard to crew positions in the motion picture industry:
- Lift up to 80lbs.
- Climb a ladder of at least 20 feet.
- Be able to stand for minimum of 2 hours.